HMRC COVID-19 Response
Hallett Motor Racing Circuit (HMRC) is closely monitoring the global outbreak of COVID-19, more commonly referred to as “coronavirus.” While there is currently only a single confirmed case in Oklahoma, we are aware of how quickly this illness has spread throughout the world, and track management takes this potential threat very seriously. Be assured that HMRC will continually work to ensure our customers, vendors, and staff, are safe should this illness impact our motorsport community.
Prevention remains the strongest tool to combat the emerging virus. Considering that, we strongly urge the entire HMRC community to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 prevention measures, which include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- If you have symptoms or have been diagnosed with COVID-19, it is recommended that you self-quarantine to prevent the spread of the virus. However, should you need to leave your self-quarantine and go in public, please follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease. CDC does not recommend that people who are in good health wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases.
Additionally, recognizing the symptoms of COVID-19 is an important step in combatting the spread of the illness. If you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends you seek medical attention.
If you have recently traveled internationally or been exposed to someone with confirmed COVID-19, please seek medical evaluation and communicate any coronavirus diagnosis to appropriate officials.
HMRC will continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 and will update the motorsport community as much as reasonable and prudent. Everyone at HMRC wishes our community and patrons to remain in good health for our 2020 track season!
HMRC Management Team