MOTORCYCLE LAPPING DAYS
Would you like to improve your riding skills? Hallett Motor Racing Circuit has developed a program designed to improve your skills while safely testing the limits of your motorcycle. All first-time Hallett MLD riders must participate in HART (Hallett Advanced Rider Training) to ensure you get a safe introduction to our race track with expert instructor assistance.
Exception: If you have a current race license, bring it with you. HART can be waived at sign-in and you can ride in the advanced group. If you are an experienced track rider without a race license, we still want you to attend HART; our instructors will determine the appropriate group for your level of experience. With an instructor’s approval, you may transfer to the intermediate or the advanced group throughout the day.
Motorcycle Lapping Day: Rules of the Road
- Good Tires
- No Fluid Leaks
- Tape or Remove: Turn Signals, Mirrors, Brake Light, Headlight, Rear Pegs
- Be sure your oil cap is tight (or wired)
- A number is required on your bike at least 5″ tall on both sides you can either buy numbers in Hallett Souvenir Store or use blue painter tape.
- DOT approved full-face helmet that is less than 5 years old and has not been crashed
- Full leathers preferred
- Two-piece leathers acceptable
- Textile suit with armor acceptable
- Full Back protector(neck to tailbone)
- Over-the-ankle boots (tall riding boots recommended)
- Gloves (that cover wrists)
The HART Track Introduction & Rider Training Program
Our program is primarily designed to improve street riding skills by introducing the advantage of track instruction, enhanced by classroom sessions. Our curriculum takes a multifaceted approach, with an instructor-based program designed for all levels of riders’ expertise.
Our program’s focus is on the typical motorcycle street rider who is interested in exploring and expanding the potential of their equipment and ability. Although many of our participants have track experience, the novice group is separated to allow for individual instruction without the worries of a speed differential of faster and/or more experienced riders.
As our focus is on the typical street rider, our team of professional riding instructors is comprised of street-oriented riders, who have cumulatively logged over a million miles. Moreover, these “street instructors” are track proficient as well as highly qualified coaches who have logged thousands of track miles as motorcycle riding and safety instructors. There is no safer place to discover new techniques than at Hallett, the track with a HART!
Basic Course Outline
- Appropriate lines
- Line of vision
- Body position
- Throttle management
- Smooth shifting and braking
- Counter-steering vs. body-steering
- How to avoid panic reactions
- Safety equipment
2021 SCHEDULE MLD
GATES OPEN on FRIDAY’S at 5PM to 10PM
- HART: $185 (Required for 1st time at HMRC each direction CW/CCW, unless valid race license)
- Novice: $165
- Intermediate or Advanced: $155