MOTORCYCLE LAPPING DAYS
Would you like to improve your riding skills? Hallett Motor Racing Circuit (HMRC) has developed a program designed to improve your skills while safely testing the limits of your motorcycle. All first-time Hallett Motorcycle Lapping Day (MLD) riders must participate in HART (Hallett Advanced Rider Training) to ensure you get a safe introduction to our race track with expert instructor assistance.
HMRC frequently shows off swag and other helpful products from great brands (that we sometimes give away to our MLD riders) to make their motorcycle lapping day rides easier, more comfortable, safer, and filled with value. One brand that we like is Viking Bags. Check out Viking Bags for motorcycle bags and motorcycle apparel. Be on the lookout for more ways HMRC will enhance the MLD experience in 2023!
Exception: If you have a current race license, bring it with you. HART can be waived at sign-in and you can ride in the advanced group (Note: Riders with novice racing license should contact our office at 918-356-4814 before registering to determine the correct group based on individual experience level & lapping day rules for this event). If you are an experienced track rider WITHOUT a race license, we still want you to attend HART; our instructors will determine the appropriate group for your level of experience very quickly. With an instructor’s approval, you may transfer to the intermediate or the advanced group throughout the day.
Motorcycle Lapping Day: Rules of the Road
- Good tires
- No fluid leaks
- Tape or remove: turn signals, mirrors, brake light, headlight, rear pegs
- Be sure your oil cap is tight (or wired)
- Chain & sprockets in good condition
- Nothing loose or falling off bike
- A number is required on your bike at least 5″ tall on both sides (Vinyl numbers for sale in Hallett Souvenir Store… 2 numbers for $5).
- DOT approved full-face helmet that is less than 5 years old and has not been crashed
- Full leathers preferred (HMRC has rental leathers available for $50/day) – see size chart below
- Two-piece leathers acceptable (HMRC has rental leathers available for $50/day) – see size chart below
- Textile suit with armor acceptable
- Full back protector (neck to tailbone) (HMRC has a few rentals available for $20/day)
- Over-the-ankle boots (tall riding boots recommended)
- Gloves (that cover wrists)
The HART Track Introduction & Rider Training Program
Our program is primarily designed to improve street riding skills by introducing the advantage of track instruction, enhanced by classroom sessions. Our curriculum takes a multifaceted approach, with an instructor-based program designed for all levels of riders’ expertise.
Our program’s focus is on the typical motorcycle street rider who is interested in exploring and expanding the potential of their equipment and ability. Although many of our participants have track experience, the novice group is separated to allow for individual instruction without the worries of a speed differential of faster and/or more experienced riders.
As our focus is on the typical street rider, our team of professional riding instructors is comprised of street-oriented riders, who have cumulatively logged over a million miles. Moreover, these “street instructors” are track proficient as well as highly qualified coaches who have logged thousands of track miles as motorcycle riding and safety instructors. There is no safer place to discover new techniques than at Hallett, the track with a HART!
Basic Course Outline
- Appropriate lines
- Line of vision
- Body position
- Throttle management
- Smooth shifting and braking
- Counter-steering vs. body-steering
- How to avoid panic reactions
- Safety equipment
2023 SCHEDULE Motorcycle Lapping Days:
Round 3. June 18-19 (SUN/MON) – Rider Appreciation Dinner Sunday night to celebrate Father’s Day!
Round 6. August 26-27 (SAT/SUN) CLOCKWISE direction! Need 40 riders to join waitlist to hold these dates!
Round 7. November ?? TBA
Spring/Fall Hours: March-May and Sept-Nov (Gates open 7am) Rider Meeting 8:30, on Track @ 9:00
Summer Hours: June-July-August (Gates open 6am) Rider Meeting 7:30, on Track @ 8:00
Run Groups & Entry Fees:
- HART Rider Training group: $220/day if register at least 1 week before event, then track fee is $235/day (includes instructor fees)
- (HART Required for 1st time at HMRC each direction CW/CCW, unless valid race license)
- Novice: $190/day if register at least 1 week before event, then $205/day (includes instructor fees)
- Intermediate or Advanced: $170/day if register at least 1 week before event, then $185/day
Registration Cancellation Policy (please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Cancellation requests received at least 2 weeks prior to event, will receive 100% account credit or refund.
- Cancellation requests received less than 2 weeks but greater than 1 week prior to event, will receive 75% account credit or refund.
- Cancellation requests received less than week prior to event, will receive 50% account credit or refund.
- No credit or refund for no-show or after you go on track.
- HMRC Account Credits will expire at the end of the year following the credit. (for example, a credit issued on 4/1/2022 will expire 12/31/2023)
- If HMRC cancels the event due to extreme weather conditions that will affect the entire day, 100% will be automatically credited to your HMRC account for future use. 100% refund instead, if requested.